Protecting & Commercializing Your IP
With Ashlee Froese
The Canadian government recently issued an Intellectual Property Strategy, wherein it recognized that in Canada only 10% of small and medium-sized businesses own intellectual property and only 9% have intellectual property strategies. In addition, research demonstrates that women-owned businesses are particularly reticent about protecting their IP.
This legal seminar will lead attendees through how to create an IP strategy and will delve deeper into how to create, protect and commercialize a robust brand in the marketplace. Topics that will be examined include:
- Overview of the different types of intellectual property and how it applies to your business;
- How to create, protect and commercialize a unique and distinct brand through non-traditional trademark protection;
- Building out a robust social media program;
- Managing a digital marketing campaign that is CASL compliant;
- Architecting a licensing regime that will create additional revenue streams.